Life with Little Isabella

A weblog about the birth of our little Isabella - and then some of the ups and downs of life.
The most recent posts are first ( it's in reverse order).

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

1:30 update - No baby yet, but...

A lot has happened - after a lot of walking and many and more frequent contractions, Nurse Kay reduced the amout of pitocin. But the contracts were coming with barely any time to rest between them. Angie finally requested some relief an hour or so ago, so Kay put in the order for an epidural. It took nearly an hour before it all happened, but with great results. Angie is now able to get a bit of sleep. The contractions have taken a lot out of her, but she's quite a trooper. After the epidural kicked in, the contractions have subsided, so I think Kay has now kicked up the pitocin again. Andrea and Molly have gone off to have a bite of lunch and stuff, and I ate Angie's very basic lunch that she can't have now.

So, while I am quite certain we'll have Isabella yet today, it's taking longer than I hoped. I am just so relieved to see Angie charging her batteries for what's yet to come.

I am not used to being so disconnected from the world and world news, but I suppose it's good for me.

One other note-- one of the nurses in this unit has the name "Necole." Not spelled the same, but sounds the same as Isabella's middle name. Necole came in to adjust Angie's contraction monitor, because they weren't getting a good signal at the nurses' station.

OK, I am exhausted, too. I might try to catch a few zzzz's while Angie rests and I don't have to be there to hold her hand. I am emotionally tired, which doesn't compare to what she's going through, but is still hard for little old me. Thanks for all your prayers and happy thoughts.

T

1 Comments:

At 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the updates. It makes everyone feel much more connected to this wonderful, much anticipated event. I had fun shopping for Isabella on my lunch hour, so I am ready!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home