Life with Little Isabella

A weblog about the birth of our little Isabella - and then some of the ups and downs of life.
The most recent posts are first ( it's in reverse order).

Saturday, September 03, 2005

#6 - 5:00 am - restless night

It's been a mostly restless night for Angie - hard for her to get comfortable, keeping the pain down with self-administered morphine bumps limited to one every ten minutes. The care team is quite excellent, and nurse Daphne has been very accommodating, especially of me and my assortment of bags and technology devices littered around. They also set up for me a pull-out chair 'cot' which has been much more comfortable than the one I had during Isabella's birth.

I was able to get a few hours sleep, though it took me a while. I foolishly drank a diet Coke I had in the car at about midnight - I think the caffeine kept me tossing and turning for a while. In any case, they are trying to get a new IV in to make her more comfortable. It looks like success!

Angie needs a lot of rest today, so I think I'll request minimal and short, quiet visits from those of you who choose to come. Psychologically, she's going to need time with her baby. And this room is not like the maternity ward; it's literally half the size.

Good, the nurses have left, and Angie feels more comfortable and is dozing off. Maybe a few more hours of sleep. T

2 Comments:

At 7:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angi,

I'm so sorry this happened. Angi mentioned little twinges of pain when I was with her on Tuesday. We are praying for your quick recovery. Tony, you are such a good and loving husband. Take care of her (as I know you are).

Love you Ang,

Linda, Eric and Chloe

 
At 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wegeez, never a dull moment at the schaps home! If stuff keeps happening, we won't be "bonfiring until October! Seriously, let us know if we can do anything. (I just filled up the lawn mower so it's all set for David! :o) ) I'm glad things are o.k. now...hope all goes well from here on out.. I will let "our neighbor" know what is going on.. take care and we will check in later!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home